Uplift

Sometimes you just miss the good old times. 

I often get flashbacks of the things that happened to me 20 years ago. It's so hard to even believe I'm getting old! 

Moving to Sydney was not something planned. I never thought I'd leave Penang and yet I did and moved to Kuala Lumpur. I never thought I'd leave KL and yet I did and moved to Sydney. Where to next? No idea. 

One thing though, I'm certainly drifting away from places, things and people that I'm familiar with. With every move, I drift a little bit further. I look at my kids today and it occurred to me that have no clue about my past. Do I want them to know? Yes, of course. But how?

The pandemic had made it difficult for anyone to travel back. You're all locked up. No social connection. It was a blessing at first but definitely not nurturing for my children. I feel sad that I'm not giving them the best of life's experiences. Being close to their own family and grandparents is one of it. Not that they are eager to care for my kids, it's just that I never had  opportunity to be close to my grandparents and I never wanted my kids to go through the same. 

Somehow, I'm making them go through it now. 

OK enough ramblings. Today wasn't a perfect day. Just moody gloomy. Even the weather was moody gloomy cloudy and cold. Been wanting to bake butter cake, but just not in the mood. Losing appetite as well. Hopefully it's something to do with vitamin D deficiency (skipped the caps due to covid jab). 

Anyway, nothing that Tom Hanks can't fix right? Watched "You've got mail" for the first time that (you read that right) and felt all warm and cosy. Should have saved it for Christmas though! The sound of internet connecting and the excitement of getting emails from a friend. Aah... Memories. 

These days my emails are just notifications. Your parcel, delivered. Your order, received. Your sign up, successful. Your account, compromised. Your friend, doesn't remember you. 

Anyway, probably I'm old enough not to have friends anymore. Or maybe, too old to receive emails? 

I'll end the post with a picture of a care package from work. 

Popular posts from this blog

Ten years ago

How odd

Where to from here