Ups and downs

 It's kind of weird that I've been experiencing a wide range of emotions. I'm not sure whether it's the pandemic fatigue or is just the age is catching up. 

I feel happy and grateful for having my kids with me. I endured 7 months of separation when I had to leave them back in KL with my husband and mother in law to start a new job in Sydney. Grateful that I got a job to start with. It wasn't easy but the timing was right and I had to make the most difficult decision in my life so that I can pave way for something better for my children. It was worth it because I managed to relocate them just shy of 6 months before the entire world went into lockdown and everything just literally stopped for a good 2 years now. If I didn't make that decision to sacrifice 7 months of my time to be away from my kids, I would have dearly paid for it right now... Either we're stuck in separate countries or we would have never moved to Australia at all. 

Now, I tell myself everyday how grateful I am we have each other. I still miss my family and friends though, but my husband and children are next to me now. It's a blessing. 

Yet, I feel something is not enough for me. There's a void, often a feeling of emptiness, giving up and going with the flow. I don't even know why on some days my confidence goes up the roof, and on some days I feel like a complete loser. 

Is it even normal to feel this way? My hormones maybe? 

We're trying to inject some sunshine by gearing up for Deepavali. Second year in a row in Sydney. How I wish we could fly home. 

So what's this feeling of ups and downs? Will it go away? 


 

Popular posts from this blog

Ten years ago

How odd

Where to from here